Would you be surprised to hear that sugar-free gum can help reduce cavities and improve your oral health? In fact, sugar-free chewing gum has many lasting benefits to your smile. Gum is an everyday treat for adults and kids alike. By switching to sugarless gum, you could be providing a fun and healthy treat.
Our dentist, Dr. Gloria Stingley with Carter-Rockbridge General Dentistry P.C. in Norcross, Georgia, is excited to provide you with this information on why chewing sugar-free chewing gum can help you.
Here is how chewing gum can help you:
– Chewing gum is a known way to help to produce additional saliva flow.
– Chewing gum helps rinse away debris and remove hazardous acids.
– You can help prevent cavities by chewing sugarless gum for twenty minutes a day.
– Chewing gum can be used to help minimize the effects of heartburn.
– Chewing gum is best to use after meals. However, make sure that you are using sugarless gum to avoid risks associated with sugar.
– Chewing gum is non-abrasive and can be used in situations where your teeth may be extra sensitive, which typically occurs after eating.
– Although chewing gum can be used to help clean your mouth, it should never be used as a substitute for flossing or brushing.
As you can see, there are fantastic benefits that can help improve your smile and oral health, all with the use of chewing sugar-free gum. If you are interested in learning more about your own oral health, or if you have questions about a problem with your teeth or smile, please call us today at 770-662-5955 to make an appointment. Our dental team is always happy to help you.